Friday 13 May 2011

Apam Pisang Kukus

Ahhh..feels so glad after a couple of days that I finally could update my blog. The blogger webpage was down and I could not sign into the blog. I hope it wasn't just me! 

Anyway, back to the main thing, the kuih I made this morning using my over-ripened banana. I initially wanted to use them to make jemput-jemput pisang. Then I found a recipe in www.tiffinbiru.blogspot.com and decided "I'm making those apam!" Thanks to Dapur Tanpa Sempadan (DTS) for the recipe!

They are easy to make and they are yummy too! I'd changed a few ingredients and below is my recipe:

Apam Pisang (Steamed Banana Bun)-make 12-13 apam using the muffin silicone cups
  • 1 cup of plain flour (seived)
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder (seived together with the flour)
  • 2 eggs
  • 100ml of sunflower oil
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 200g ripened banana
  • 1/2 tsp of soda bicarbonate
  • Pinch of salt
  • Dessicated coconut+pinch of salt 
Method:
  1. Brush your cups with oil and set aside.
  2. Smash the banana, soda bicarbonate and salt together until creamy.
  3. Beat the eggs, sunflower oil and brown sugar until fluffy. Then add in the banana mixture. Mix well.
  4. Add the seived flour and mix well.
  5. Spoon in the batter into the oiled cups (3/4 full) and steam them for 15minutes.
  6. When they are done, eat them with the dessicated coconut. Yummeh ;))
My Apam Pisang Kukus

2 comments:

  1. macam sedap je..
    lepas pantang nak carik la (sbb nak masak sendiri malas..) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah,sedap! kita rasa apam ni bole mkn masa pantang pon..xde bahan yg dipantang rasanye..dan dikukus ;)) nk buat pon sgt senang..campak n gauk semua bahan2 dah jadi ;))

    ReplyDelete