Saturday 7 May 2011

Counting the Blessings


Alhamdulillah..for all the blessings I've got so far..2days ago I've got a call from RCPI (Royal College Physician of Ireland) that I've been offered a training post in Paediatrics consists of a 2year training programme. I was over the moon!! I was waiting for a job offer for quite sometimes as I'm ready to go back to work after a very long break (16months to be exact).

But on the turn-down side, my training would start at Letterkenny for one year and MrHubby's training programme would be in Waterford. That would make us 402km or 5hours drive away!! And for the 2nd year, I would be in Dublin and he would still be in Waterford! That would make us 166km or 2hours drive away!! How unfortunate..if he could not swap with anyone, then we would be living separately for 2years with occasional weekends meet up (obviously only when we both are not oncalled). This is the lives of Irish doctors..(crying silently)



Yet,I am grateful and feel blessed with the opportunity given. This would be the sacrifice that we need to make for our better future. Praying and hoping the best yet to come for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment