Friday 27 May 2011

Laksa Penang

MrHubby was oncalled again yesterday..But I didn't cook anything for him for tea..instead I went to town centre and bought him a doner burger and 2pieces of fried chicken. 

And for dinner, I cooked Laksa Penang using my own recipe ;p (of course I have rough idea what to put inside the kuah/broth, thanks to my mum!). I used rice sticks/kuew teow instead of laksa because that was all I have in the pantry yesterday. And of course I used canned fish (2 small canned tuna and 1 small canned salmon) which had made my cooking so much easier! And the verdict...MrHubby said it was a bit too sour for his liking but for me, it's delish! I think Laksa Penang has to be sour, for it to taste better. So if you don't like to be too sour, you could always use less tamarind paste or asam keping.

My Laksa Penang is served


Recipe Laksa Penang (eat 5-6people)
Source: My Mum

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet of ricestick/mee udon/thick rice noodles/spaghetti
  • 2 small canned tuna (120g/can)*
  • 1 small canned salmon (250g/can)*
  • 1 large onion*
  • 3 cloves of garlic*
  • 2cm ginger (peeled)*
  • 3 slices of galangal*
  • 10-15 dried chillies (boiled and drained)*
  • 4-5 slices asam keping
  • 1 tbsp tamarind paste+1cup of water (mix well making 1cup of tamarind juice)
  • 4-5 cups of water
  • A handful of kesum/ Vietnamese mint/laksa leaves
  • 1 lemon grass (smashed and bruised)
  • Salt and sugar (I put 4-5tbsp of sugar and 2-3tbsp of salt) 
  • 4 hard-boiled eggs (cut into 4sclices)
  • 1/2 Pineapple (small cubes)- you could use canned pineapple
  • Iceberg lettuce (julienned)
  • Cucumber (thinly sliced and then julienned)
  • Mint (chopped)-substitute with spring onion
  • Lime slices (if needed)
Method:
  1. Cook the noodles according to its instructions and set aside.
  2. Blend together *ingredients with 1cup of water.
  3. Pour into a big saucepan and heat up on high heat. Add the rest of ingredients and cook well. Season to your taste.
  4. Serve with the laksa/thick rice noodles and the salads.
As for BabyZara, we are now starting to brush her teeth (she has 8 very sharp teeth) every night before she went to bed. Actually we had introduce the toothbrush since she was 5months but it was not consistent (that time she loved to bite the toothbrush bristles while teething). We have to make routine for her to brush her teeth but sometimes I forgot to do so..sigh..

Bangun pagi terus gosok gigi ;))
Then she found Abah's Iphone..one of her fav toys!

2 comments:

  1. comelnye zara baru bangun tidur.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..muka sembab bgn pagi..slalunye bila dh bgn terus bercerita ;P

    ReplyDelete