Monday 9 May 2011

Sweet Aromatic Honey Bun

I've been craving for Malaysian sweet, soft and fluffy buns and they don't have them here in Ireland..my favourites are the red bean buns, pandan buns and plain sweet buns. They are delish! Before MrHubby bought me the BM, it never crossed my mind that I would be making my own buns and bread. But after been following a few blogs that featured so many delicious fluffy bread and buns recipe, I've made my decision that I would definitely will try baking them. So I asked MrHubby to buy me the BM ;) Thanks to MrHubby, my craving for fluffy and soft buns is fulfilled!

The recipe as follow (would make one sandwich bread and one round 23cm cake tin buns)
Source: www.jintanmanis.com
Sweet and fluffy red bean paste buns

Ingredients:
500gram bread flour/high protein flour/strong white flour
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp powder milk
3 tbsp granulated sugar (I added 6tbsp-sweeten the bread up to my liking)
1 egg (lightly beaten)- leave about 1tbsp of the egg for the egg wash
3 tbsp shortening
220ml warm water
6gram dry yeast
4 tbsp water roux
1 tsp salt
1tsp pure vanilla extract
Filling of your choice (I used red bean paste)
Sesame seeds for decoration

Egg wash: 1tbsp of lightly beaten egg, 2tbsp of fresh milk, 1tsp of honey (mix well)

Method:
  1. Put everything into BM, select dough setting and let the BM do its job.
  2. Took the dough out and punch a bit to let the air out. Then divide the dough into 2 parts.
  3. First part, divide the dough again into 2 parts and round them up, then put them into the sandwich pan (see picture below)
  4. Second part, divide the dough into 7-9 small dough and put the filling of your choice into the dough. Put them into the cake tin. (see picture below)
  5. Then proof them for 40mins-1hour or until double the size. Then brush the egg wash onto them. Sprinkle the sesame seed onto the buns with the filling.
  6. Bake at 180'C for 16-18mins until the bun top becomes golden. Cool the buns on wire rack and keep them in air-tight container to retain the freshness.
Note: My oven only needs 150'C for 20mins baking

water roux
  • 25g plain flour

  • 125ml water
whisk the flour and water well, make sure there's no clumps and cook it on slow heat for 2-3mins at 65'C and be careful not to burn it


BM doing its job
Ready to be proved
After 40mins they double in size!!
My sweet aromatic honey sanwich loaf
Yummylicious red bean buns..so fluffy and soft!

So, what are you waiting for?? Go and bake these delish buns! Happy baking peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment